While large majority of the altcoins are being on a straight-down path, a coin that was made as a joke and seemingly has had no recent major development is proving store of value (SoV) properties.submitted by CryptoHamstereu to u/CryptoHamstereu [link] [comments]
Popular crypto researcher and analyst Willy Woo posted both on Twitter and website his opinion on the type of altcoins of interest to investors. Regardless how nuanced altcoins are, manifesting as protocol coins, utility tokens, security tokens, and non-fungible tokens, the only two types that are of relevance to an investor are: Oscillators and Degenerators.
To show both types, Woo provided a chart of the market.
However, the great majority of all altcoins are Degenerators, says Woo. “Their price chart has a measurable half-life, like radioactive decay. Plotted on a log chart, it's a straight line down,” he explains, providing Namecoin (NMC) as an example.
On the other hand, there are only a few Oscillators, and one of the most surprising examples is Dogecoin (DOGE), initially made as a joke and now ranked 30th by its market capitalization (USD 326 million). How is a coin an Oscillator, I hear you ask. Woo says that Oscillators are proving SoV properties. “To qualify,” he adds, the coins “need to keep up with Bitcoin (BTC)/USD gains.” In order to find oscillators, plot a coin’s BTC value. It must oscillate around a horizontal line, for at least one full bull-bear cycle, which is around four years, but more than one cycle is better, the analyst explains.
One doesn’t need innovation and cutting edge technology to build value in their coin, says Woo. “These are monetary instruments, they build value with economic network effects.” He finds Dogecoin as an example of an altcoin with no particularly significant technology or smart contracts, nor has it solved some of the major issues in the crypto and blockchain world. If we look at its GitHub, we see the last activity recorded 5 months ago.
However, the researcher believes that Dogecoin achieved SoV due to the Lindy Effect. The Lindy Effect is one of the more interesting things you’ll come across in your daily life wherever you turn. It basically means that future life expectancy of a non-perishable thing is proportional to its current age – its mortality rate decreases with time. So, if a technology is six years old, like DOGE is, it’s expected to last six more. Next year it’ll be seven years old, and if the effect persists, its life expectancy will be that much longer. “An oscillator can always breakdown. Due to Lindy Effect, it becomes harder the longer it stays an oscillator,” Woo writes.
Furthermore, DOGE is listed on nearly all exchanges, it's supported by most wallets, and it has a liquid market, says Woo.
Another example Woo gave is DCBTC, which he finds to be at a critical stage as it’s about to complete its first full bull-bear cycle. “It needs to emerge cleanly holding its horizontal oscillation against BTC. Only then can we say it's achieving SoV properties.” On a question if all this means that all stablecoins are Degens, which would lead to a conclusion that all Fiat currencies are too, Woo replied with “Correct.”
https://preview.redd.it/g0j3lqvymxi31.png?width=1500&format=png&auto=webp&s=f1024902cc5c9ad6f0417a419d0c1b4e75c2c13fsubmitted by Tokenberry to NewbieZone [link] [comments]
You've asked for a list to find the Best Cryptocurrency Wallet, We've delivered! Bitcoin prices have been rising throughout 2019, and have now hit over $10,000! Pair that with newer cryptocurrencies such as ether along with an increasing acceptance of blockchain tech plus media and government coverage, cryptocurrency wallets are needed now more than ever. Whether you are looking for the best cryptocurrency wallets, Bitcoin wallet or the best Ethereum wallet, we've got you covered.
These best cryptocurrency wallets, best Bitcoin wallets, and best Ethereum wallets have proven to be crowd-pleasers, and each comes with its own array of pros and cons that are mostly dependent on user preference:
1. Ledger Nano S (Best Ethereum Wallet)The Ledger Nano S is a cryptocurrency multi-asset hardware wallet that looks like a folding flash drive. It can store Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other Altcoins. The Ledger Nano S connects via a USB cable and requires interaction with the device to confirm transactions. Ledger’s Nano S is also U2F authentication compliant for use with other services and can run multiple apps. The Ledger Nano is safe, relatively inexpensive, malware proof and cannot be hacked. For those reasons, we think it is one of the best cryptocurrency wallets. See #6 for the Nano's beefed up brother, the Ledger Blue!
Ledger Nano S is available in saffron yellow, flamingo pink, jade green, lagoon blue, and black.
According to Ledger, these are in stock and shipping.
Buy Direct Here > www.LedgerWallet.com
2. Coinbase (Best Bitcoin Wallet)CB is an established and dedicated cryptocurrency exchange, a Bitcoin, and Ethereum wallet, and is supported in more than 30 countries. They have helped over 10 million users transact more than $20 billion in cryptocurrency exchanges and is the industry leader for cryptocurrency exchange. They have a great user interface that is easy to use.
Free to sign up but they do charge a minimal transaction fee depending on the size of the transaction. Simply sign up, connect your bank account or credit card, then buy your cryptocurrency. You will need to verify your identity by providing 1 or multiple pieces of identity, depending on how much you buy. Once you've purchased your Bitcoin, You can easily transfer it to your “vault” for better protection. It may take several days to receive the first Bitcoins you purchase. Be sure to turn on 2-factor authentication for additional protection to your account, you can download this on any cell phone using Google Authenticator or Authy.
Sign Up Here > www.Coinbase.com
3. Ledger BLUEThe “Rolls Royce of hardware wallets! It is by far the most advanced hardware security gear on the market. Comes with a color large touchscreen, Bluetooth, and a rechargeable battery. Lightweight for easy transportation and storage. Works with multi currencies and extensible with other apps. Ledger offers enterprise-level security. If it wasn't for the high price point, Ledger would get our vote for the top 5 best cryptocurrency wallets.
Shipping: Available for Preorder, According to Ledger this will ship in late September 2017.
Cost: 229.00€ or roughly $270 USD.
Buy Direct Here > www.LedgerWallet.com
4. KeepKeyKeepKey is a simple hardware wallet that secures Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin dash, and Namecoin. Your assets are protected from hackers and thieves. They claim to be virus and malware proof because it does not have an operating system like your phone or computer. The firmware is 100% open source and works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android. You can make modifications to their firmware or create your own, then run it. Keep Key has a great digital display and comes in a very appealing anodized aluminum and black polycarbonate case. They offer a 1-year limited warranty.
As of 8/29/2017, These are finally back in stock!
Cost: $99 USD.
Buy Direct Here > www.KeepKey.com
5. TREZORTREZOR is an industry-leading hardware multi-cryptocurrency wallet. They were the original hardware wallet and claim to be the most secure. These are quick to setup and easy to use. They offer a Google Chrome extension that communicates with your hardware. TREZOR combines an easy setup with a small, durable token for authenticating and storing cryptocurrency. The token can also act as a security key for the new U2F authentication process.
These are available in black and white colors.
Customers tell us these are shipping 4 days after the order is placed.
Cost: 89. € or roughly $10 USD. They also offer a “Multipack that contains 3 Trezors and gives you a 22€ discount.
Buy Direct Here > www.Trezor.io
6. StrongCoinStrongCoin one of the best cryptocurrency wallets. They are a hybrid wallet allows you to send and receive Bitcoins just like any other wallet. However, the Bitcoin private key which is required to send money is encrypted in your browser before it reaches their servers. They can never hold your bitcoins ransom because you are able to download your entire account as a PDF. You can purchase bitcoins directly to your StrongCoin wallet so they are never at risk of theft on an exchange. StrongCoin is the longest running Bitcoin wallet. 110,000 users have signed up and it appears to be a very well known and widely used company. Their wallets are free to create but they do charge a small transaction fee depending on the amount of Bitcoin.
Sign Up Here > www.StrongCoin.com
7. ExodusIf this page were titled The Best Designed Cryptocurrency Wallet and not Best Cryptocurrency Wallets, Exodus would be the clear winner. Exodus is the first desktop software wallet to have ShapeShift built into the interface in order to allow for rapid conversion between various altcoins and cryptocurrencies. Beyond having ShapeShift integration, Exodus is a multi-asset wallet and lets you store your private keys in one application with a customizable user interface. You have full control over your encrypted private keys, they have beautiful live charts and you can customize the look and feel of their interface. They offer 24/7 support via their help desk or email which makes communication nice for late night projects. They also offer a Slack channel for communication with other users. Exodus is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This software is free to download.
8. Jaxx – Ice CubeJaxx established their brand by allowing for cross-platform support with their crypto wallet. They have added integration support for ShapeShift and gives users a multi-currency wallet that they hold the private keys for. Jaxx announced the “Ice Cube” which is a hardware wallet with a camera and cellular chip for broadcasting transactions that never connects to the internet. The Ice Cube is water and fire resistant. This company is small and can also be stored in a safe or safety deposit box for security. Jaxx has a beautiful user interface and visible code, you can tell they have designed this product for the amateur as well as the most experienced Crypto enthusiast.
9. MyceliumGranted the prestigious “Best Mobile App” award by Blockchain.info in 2014, the wallet provides the ability to send and receive bitcoins whilst benefiting from bank-grade security. Mycelium is an Android-based multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet that has been tested by hundreds of thousands of users. At the time of writing this, they had the most stars on Google Play. They are in the midst of integrating with a variety of third-party service providers to bring new and emerging applications into a realm of usefulness that can only be achieved with native functionality and a high degree of user trust. They currently integrate with Cashila, Glidera, Coinapult, Trezor, and Ledger. Mycelium also has hardware wallets and is working to further the development of decentralized applications (DApps). They are constantly upgrading this software. They are working on a personal finance tool to pay your bills and manage your finances and investments. This is the best Ethereum wallet and the best Bitcoin Wallet.
10. ElectrumElectrum was created by Thomas Voegtlin in November 2011, as a result, various developers have contributed to its source code. A software wallet that was designed to give users the freedom to manage their funds and private keys in a secure manner. Electrum allows you to store your private keys offline and integrates with some hardware wallets like TREZOR or Ledger products. Electrum utilizes decentralized servers to ensure minimal to no downtime.
Different Types of Cryptocurrency Wallets:
What is a Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet?These cryptocurrency Wallets store your information offline so it cannot be hacked. While it is more expensive than most other wallets, It can be a great investment. A lot of people buy 2-4 hardware wallets to spread the risk of losing one. We recommend storing this in a safety deposit box at your bank or in a very safe and secure place in your home. The downside of these wallets is losing your wallet, be careful! For security, we think these are the best cryptocurrency wallets available.
What is a Cryptocurrency Web Wallet?These are the easiest wallets to use and the most convenient. Most websites will allow for 2-factor authentication through Google, text message, or Authy. This adds a great layer of protection. We have heard of very few cases where these accounts were hacked individually but we have heard of entire exchanges getting hacked which results in stolen bitcoins. We always keep some of our Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and other Altcoins in web-based crypto wallets so we can easily day trade and move funds around.
What is a Cryptocurrency Desktop Wallet?These are great wallets for storing cryptocurrency. You don't have the concern of losing your wallet like a hardware cryptocurrency wallets. You don't have the concern of getting hacked like web-based cryptocurrency wallets. These desktop wallets are generally free or low cost. You are however at risk of losing your wallet if your computer fails or is lost or stolen. If you want to make sure you don't lose these wallets, we suggest printing them on a durable material like foam board printing. These can make for the best bitcoin wallet and also the best Etereum wallet.
What is a Cryptocurrency Mobile Wallet?Both Apple and Android offer mobile app based cryptocurrency wallets. These are great because you can use them on the go and on the fly. We have read several reports on Reddit about fraudulent apps that steal your bitcoin wallet and all of its contents so please be sure to use a well known Mobile crypto wallet.
Link to original blog post: https://www.disruptordaily.com/top-10-best-cryptocurrency-wallets-for-2017/